So… A few days ago I sad I was going to do a Vegan Spinach Alfredo recipe for lunch, from the Healthy.Happy.Life vegan blog. Well, I did it, and it turned out reaaally deliciouss! But of course I had to make some adjustmenst, so I’m here to share with you my version of the recipe.
Vegan Spinach Alfredo Pasta
- 3 cups colorful Semolina Penne Pasta
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach (cut in thin stripes)
"Vegan Alfredo" Sauce:
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water (from drained pasta)
- 4 Tbsp Vegan Mayo (oh yes, I am now able to find this in Brazil!)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Brown Spicy Mustard
- 1/3 cup Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp Wheat Germ
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Black Pepper (optional)
- Cook your pasta. Drain. (Reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy hot pasta water). Pour drained pasta back into the warm pot you cooked it in.
- In a blender, mix together all “Alfredo Sauce” ingredients and fold it all in the drained pasta.
- Cook it a little bit, just to heat the Sauce.
- Fold in your spinach, mix everything together.
- Serve right away so the spinach won’t lose it fresh taste.
- Garnish withpepper flakes on the top (I used a white/black/red mix). If, as my parents, you are a olive oil lover, try garnishing it with a fillet of it to!
Makes 4 Servings and is also great for left overs!
Hope that it turns out great for everyone who eventually tries to do it, and I would love to hear how it turned out!!